Authentic Breton recipe and Vegan
Ingredients for 12 Galettes :
Buckwheat Flour 330 g
Water 750 ml
Salt big 10 g
TO MAKE EASIER THE GALETTE COOKING AT HOME ADD
Preparation of the dough:
• Arrange the buckwheat flour in a well, in a salad bowl, with the salt (from Guérande it's even better!).
• Pour in the water gradually and mix vigorously with a wooden spoon. This will give you a thick, fluid paste.
• At this stage and to make easier the cooking into the pan, Add the egg that will bring a nice colour to your dough when cooking and mix well.
• Allow the dough to stand for about 2 hours in the refrigerator, covering it with food film.
• Put butter in your stove and set it on low / medium heat.
• Once the butter has melted well, pour a ladle of dough, then quickly tip the pan to spread the dough over the whole surface.
• Cook both sides for about 1 to 2 minutes each.
• To turn the galette, use a spatula to carefully peel off each edge of the galette and turn it
Galette goat honey and walnuts
This delicious recipe for sweet / savoury cake topping is really easy and quick! I recommend you to take a look at all the good French products sale on the Brisbane Markets around.
All the 1st and third Saturdays, the"Fromage Yard" stand held by Pierre proposes some beautiful French Cheeses specially imported from overseas.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
* Buckwheat Galette
* Goat and Emmental cheeses
Warm your galettes already cooked (have a look on the recipe) in the frying pan or on your Bilig (crepe maker) with a little butter, in preference used salted butter.
Add one or two rings of goat according to your tastes, a small handful of Emmental, A hint of honey and a few nuts.
Fold in the square Galette and let the cheese melt. Your goat galette, Emmental, honey and Walnuts is ready!
My advice: A beautiful French Red wine, and enjoy your French tasty moment.
Handy hints of Chrissy:
Taste your galette with a green salad,
a French vinaigrette sauce and a small bowl of cider.
(Available on line: order your French Cider)